Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hello.  I am excited to share this with you.  I wish it was more like how Meaghan's health improving.  Today I took Meaghan to Target to spend a gift card she received while we were in the hospital.  She is part of a research project for CF Related Liver Disease and each visit they give her a card for her time.  The study will follow her over five years and after these initial visits she'll only be seen once a year.  Today was a day she's been looking forward to for weeks.  She didn't waste any time making her selection.  I have no idea what this thing is.  It sings and talks and supposedly if you "nurture" it well it's singing improves.  All evening she played with it but I never picked up on any changes.  The short trip to the store completely wore her out.  She took a little nap during the car ride home.  It is hard for me to remember sometimes how sick she is.  I watch her play and she seems restless at home so I wanted to give her a change of scenery.  I thought she was ready.  I want her to be better as quickly as she became sick.  I've never been patient.  I don't know if I can do this.  Thanks to many of you, you make me think I can.  Just keep telling me that I can do this and that Meaghan will be alright.  I accept she may not be exactly like she was before, I hate it, but I have to accept it.  One more thing, please share Meaghan's story.  We need to spread the word about cystic fibrosis and support the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in its search for a cure.  Much love for all of you, you mean the world to us.    

No comments:

Post a Comment