Thursday, March 12, 2015

WARNING--I started writing this a LONG time ago.

It was finally not too windy and cold around here so Meaghan had an opportunity to get outside and enjoy some of what winter offers.  Snowboarding is one of her favorite things to do this winter.  Jimmy started it and Meaghan proved that whatever he can do, she can do better.  For a girl who isn't very coordinated or graceful, she rides the snowboard with real skill.  I'm a little jealous, I wish I could get over my fear of falling long enough to ride with her.  Lucky for me Meaghan likes to have me take the pictures.  Something I'm not afraid to do is build a snowman.  Our snow man isn't great and my neighbor calls him the "scaresnowman" but Meaghan and I are proud of him.  We had to act fast, the sun was melting the snow as quickly as we could roll it.  To finish we used almost all the snow we had left in the yard.  Once we were all done we went inside to warm up and watch Frozen, again.  It's a good movie, not one you get too tired of watching over and over.  


Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for.  Barney made it from West Virginia on Monday afternoon.  Our breeder happened to be coming close and offered to bring him all the way, awesome people, I know!  Love at first sight doesn't come close to describing Barney.  Everything about him is just perfect.  He adjusted from life on a 25 acre farm as one of 11 vizslas to being one dog in a family of 7 new people instantly.  He walks on a leash, comes to his name, sits, stays, fetches, sleeps through the night in his crate and is 99.9% house broken.  Hands down, the BEST puppy in the world.  His breeders have found the perfect "recipe", there's no need to look anywhere else. 











1 comment:

  1. Not sure why I'm just now seeing these - slacker I suppose! :-)

    I'm with you on the snowboarding thing. I think I'd bust my butt so I wouldn't try! Good job Meaghan!

    Adorable pics of your new family member! Can't wait to meet him!

    Love and miss you!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete