Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Meaghan loved the red ooze she made with her science kit
I've been out of touch, I know.  I wish there was more good news to share with you.  Sadly, I found out today that I have to take Meaghan to see the doctors at Hopkins tomorrow.  In my last few posts I have told you that Meaghan is taking antibiotics.  That is still true, I've lost track of how many weeks now.  She has improved a little but not returned to her baseline so it's time for another check.  The plan for tomorrow is first to check Meaghan's pulmonary function and do a throat culture.  Of course they'll listen to her lungs and then we wait to hear what they think.  I hesitated to tell Meaghan we are going, trips to clinic are very anxiety provoking for both of us.  God bless her, she reacted much differently than I expected.  She had questions but there were no tears or firm words of refusal to go.  Honestly, I think she knows something isn't right and wants to get to the bottom of it too.  The sooner she is well again the sooner we can start getting back to our normal routines.  It feels like nothings been "normal" not even for us, forever.  As much as I am stressing over tomorrow, I am also feeling like it will stop my imagination or paranoia from getting the best of me.



I want to leave you with this.  It's the thing that we as a family have been looking forward to for quite a few months.  Our puppy is coming, soon.  The exact date is kind of unknown because of every ones schedules but he could be here January 24th or 25th.  We have a lot to be thankful for in our everyday lives, he's just the icing on the cake.  He's a 10 week old vizsla.  They are Hungarian hunting dogs.  They are intelligent, trainable and great in busy households with energetic young kids.  He's a great running and hiking companion, he needs the exercise and so do I.  Also, shedding is not a big issue, he has a short single coat of hair.  Meaghan's doctors gave him a thumbs up, she can even get a few puppy kisses.

Thank you all.  Your support keeps us going.  I hope that I can write again tomorrow with a huge sigh of relief in my voice.

   

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We are praying for you! Thanks for keeping us posted on what is going on right now. I've been praying that the meds would work and she would feel better. We'll keep praying for that and the doctor's decisions on treatment.

    Can't wait for your family to be grown by one four legged friend! That will be so fun! I know the kids are so excited and anxious! I'll pray for good weather for you as you begin potty training too! Fun!

    Keep us updated on how everything is going. We miss you all!

    Love,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete